Do you have a business, product, service, event, athlete, fundraiser or charity, or anything you’d like to promote in any way through the Blast Paddlers project?
We’d love to support you, in fact as of June 2013 the Blast Paddlers project has supported around 1,043 race events with anything from simple marketing and promotions through to full sponsorship and event management development, marketing, planning and logistics support, promotions and registration drives through our various avenues.
FOR PROFIT & NOT FOR PROFIT
Naturally we offer paid avenues to promote “for profit” organisations and businesses / service providers, but we also support a significant number of “not for profit” entities and organisations, individuals etc – so many we loose count most years.
We support charities and fundraising activities across the world, we have developed and launched fund raising events that get 800 to 900 paddlers on the water in a single day and raise hundreds of thousands in fundraising (i.e. Kayak 4 Kids, 850 entrants in 2013 and $400k raised for 2013 alone)
Many savvy ( some not so savvy ) brands very cleverly ( meaning “bugger all cost and or effort ) leverage the Blast Paddlers project in some form or another to either establish or promote their brands, products and or services.
Many have successfully worked with us to launch new brands, new products, new services, refresh website traffic, rebrand and refresh social media and social networking activity, update email mailing lists, run surveys, polls, competitions and much much more. If it’s fun and nobody gets hurt, we’re up for it.
Of course we can offer all of the traditional avenues of exposure and promotions, such as:
- Website ( currently reaches hundreds of thousands globally every month )
- Facebook ( reaches hundreds of thousands in genre specific pages, i.e. kayak, SUP, Surfski, Canoe )
- Twitter ( via Blast and Dez who alone currently has approx. 30,000 followers and growing fast )
- Blast TV via Vimeo, YouTube & Facebook videos ( incorporated in content or standalone )
- Email ( over 500,000 contacts, in country & region groups, i.e. over 17,000 in Australia alone )
- We liaise with & communicate with some 14,000 media contacts globally, journalists, editors and writers in sports and general media
- We have close ties with and direct channels with hundreds of brands, manufacturers, distributors, resellers, and product outlets
- Our network of athletes, coaches, and paddle and water sport representatives is in the thousands globally
- There are thousands of Blast “ambassadors” globally who help us promote Blast and our sponsors and supporters
- Events ( lead up, event day and post event promotions & sponsorship, banners, presence on the day, printed fliers, et al.
- Surveys, Polls, Market research ( want to ask a few thousand of your target audience a question? )
We offer everything from basic banners big and small, buttons, links, placements, videos, want your logo dropped somewhere that doesn’t detract from the readers experience, we’ll do that, if you support paddle sport, we’re happy to talk about supporting you.
We are very creative, there are dozens and dozens of other innovative avenues for us to provide you with ways to get yourself out there to promote your brand, your products, services, events, special activities, charity, fundraiser etc. Most we’ve already done, some we’ve not yet dreamed up.
In fact, we are so confident in the fact that if you have something you want to tell the world, that we will guarantee you ( go on, challenge us, we dare you ) that we can come up with a fun innovative and affordable way ( probably free if it’s something we can support at no cost ) to get you “out there” to one of the largest, and rapidly growing water sport and paddle sport communities around the world.
Blast sponsors and supports events with free use of the Blast race management system ( RMS ) for Registration, Timing, Results and more, we even train and support race directors and their team through the whole process (i.e. a single race admin with a laptop and or iPad can run a race with anything from 10 entrants to 850 or more easily ).
We are always happy to publish content for partners and supporting events, groups, clubs, manufacturers, distributors, resellers, coaches, if you have something you think is even remotely of interest to paddlers we’ll consider publishing it.
We can arrange to have your products or services promoted at our weekly, fortnightly and monthly Blast “time trials”, “race events” and “race series”, where you or your local representatives / resellers, distributors etc can turn up with products, banners, flags, a tent or stand, and show off your wares.
If you have a product that folk can try out, i.e. a kayak or SUP board for example, we can host a demo day for you either at an existing event or we can develop and run one for you either exclusively or with your partners and or resellers / dealers etc.
Nothing sells like a demo day where interested buys can come down and touch, feel and try out your products or interact with you to talk about your services.
If there’s one thing that makes our Blast Paddlers project a screaming success, it’s the social aspect of our global community, we love meeting other paddlers, and we really don’t care what genre of paddling they are into.
We host regular Social Days, group paddles, fun outings, dinners, drinks nights, BBQ’s and the like, our crew often just catch up for a fun paddle, they catch up for drinks or dinner together, tell a few stories, and generally just hang out and enjoy the company of like minded folk who love paddling.
So with that in mind, if you have a product or service or just a message to share, we can always help develop, plan, host and run events for all sorts of fun promotions and the like, be it a stand alone one time thing, or a regular ongoing event.
We’ve run promotional dinners, breakfast BBQ’s at events, we have brands and service providers come along for a social paddle and meet folk who use their products or talk about events. Again if it’s fun safe and nobody gets hurt, we’re probably able to do something new and innovative with and for you.
Are you a coach or trainer of some form, we can arrange to integrate a clinic into our events with you, often we have coaches or trainers come and participate at an event by providing information, or even a first free trial or special offer, i.e. 50% discount for the 1st group session.
We can always host and incorporate clinics or education, training etc into our events, from our regular Time Trials, through to our seasonal and or annual races or fund raisers.
Nothing gets you more sales and customer bookings for coaching and training like a group try out clinic as word of mouth marketing through our massive community of paddling enthusiasts sells better than any expensive campaign you might run elsewhere.
Throughout all of our various media online and offline channels, we can provide a wide range of sponsorship and or advertising, we’re always open to ideas, so if you have a new or innovative idea you’d like to throw at us, we’d love to hear about it.
Examples of traditional advertising and sponsorship support Blast can offer include the likes of:
- Website banners, Links & placements
- Press Releases, Advertorials, Articles & Event Announcements
- Interviews, Reviews, and Product News
- Facebook exposure, our pages or yours
- Twitter placements ( both Dez’s and the Blast Paddlers )
- Email placement ( newsletters, event announcements etc )
- Blast TV video content placement ( use your content or Blast TV can produce for you )
- Lucky draw “give away” ( reach large numbers through a low cost prize )
- Raffles ( put up a fun product to raffle and donate or or part of the proceeds to Blast )
- And much much more throughout the entire Blast project
One very popular area are “gear reviews”, be it a paddle, a craft, paddling apparel, a GPS unit, sports watch, water holder, if you have Gear and are willing to write a Review for it with photos then we’d love to publish it for you either for fun or profit, i.e. if you’re just writing for fun we’d love to publish you, if you’re a business and want to promote yourself or a brand, product or services, we’d love to support you if you support paddle sport in some way.
Ideally we like to review gear ourselves if we can, but that’s not always possible, so if you have something to review, and if you have anyone who can string two sentences together and shoot half a dozen good photos then we’re always happy to publish it.
Photos to support a Gear Review ideally integrate with the text you provide. For example if you were to write a Kayak, Outrigger, SUP or Surfski ( Ocean or SPEC ), review, we’d love to get photos to support your article or review including the likes of:
- side shot
- front shot over the bow
- rear shot over the tail
- side shot of the rudder
- over top shot of the seat
- over top shot of the footwell
- close up of features like the rudder and footplate setup
- any special highlights, i.e. hand holds, handles, rudder lines
To support your Gear Review, we also like to get enough technical and product info to be able to interest everyone from the casual reader through to the hard core information junkie ( which most of us tend to be ), so please make sure you include key stats & tech specs such as:
- year the design was first created
- where it’s made
- who designed it
- layup options
- RRP for various layup options ( i.e. Timber, Glass, Kevlar, Hybrid, Carbon etc )
- list of resellers to go to to buy
- your web site
- contact email and phone for enquiries
- any special info or offers you want to give
- any events it’s been in
- if possible one or two notable paddlers who have paddled it
And of course everyone likes seeing testimonials of references, so if you have any paddler references or testimonials ( one liners are fine ) you can include, they all make good reading and help support your story or review.
The rest we can help flesh out and fill any gaps for you. Length wise we are pretty flexible, but our advise is generally to keep the text to around the 800 to 1,000 words and about two to three pages long.
This will allow you capture peoples attention, feed them good info but not bore and loose them, and ideally have them get in touch and enquire to demo and buy etc.
LET DO THIS AND DO IT NOW
So we’d love to hear from you, we’d love to publish you. We’d love to offer you advertising as well of course, and if you have any other new and funky ideas then please don’t hesitate to throw them at us as we’re always up for new ideas.
Get in touch now, today, don’t wait, don’t delay, get the edge on your competitors, let’s make this happen now.
Go to our “Contact Us” page ( menus at the top of the page ) and get in touch, we can’t wait to hear from you.